Multibody Simulation (MBS)
With Adams you can study the dynamics of moving parts, and how loads and forces are distributed throughout mechanical systems.
Do system-level design validation and run nonlinear dynamics in a fraction of time required by FEA solutions. Loads and forces computed by Adams simulations improve the accuracy of FEA.
Adams is the most widely used software for Multibody Simulation and Motion Analysis. Adams helps you understand the dynamics of moving parts, how stresses and forces are divided in mechanical systems, and how to improve and optimize product design.
Adams reduces developing time
Traditional "barley and test" design methods are often time consuming and expensive or even impossible to carrie out. With Adams you can evaluate interference between parts and basic kinematic movements, without the true physics-based dynamics in complex mechanical systems.
Adams make it simple
Adams helps you to understand the full system behavior.
Most used Multibody Dynamics
Adams is the most popular multibody dynamics tool in the world. Watch the video below to see all the ways engineers are using Adams to study the dynamics of moving parts to determine how loads and forces are distributed throughout mechanical systems.
View Adams 2020 Release Highlights
Adams Mechatronics is a plug-in to Adams which can be used to easily incorporate control systems into mechanical models. Adams Mechatronics has been developed based on the Adams Control functionality and contains modeling elements which transfer information to/from the control system. For example, using Adams Mechatronics in Adams Car, you can quickly create assemblies of vehicle systems including control systems, and then analyze them to understand their performance and behavior.
- Add a sophisticated controls representation to your Adams model
- Connect your Adams model to block diagram models you've developed with control applications such as Easy5® or MATLAB®
- Experience flexibility in simulation styles to suit your problems' needs: simulate within Adams, within the controls software or co- simulation
- Access advanced pre-processing for Adams Controls
- Setup and couple a control system to a mechanical system
- Convert signal units automatically
- Connect transducer and actuator signals to the control systems easily
- Conveniently review and modify the control system input and output specifications
- Ideal for complex integrations